Thursday, March 13, 2014

Local Gem: Union Bar & Grille


This winter my goal was to finally cross off some restaurants I had been dying try, for years. As someone who is more of a saver than a foodie or fine diner, it's been a little challenging, but I'm working on it!

Last week I checked off another on my list when I strolled over to the South End's Union Bar and Grille. With gorgeous oversized chandeliers, wrought iron windows, and leather banquettes, this spot is cozy, warm and romantic.

Added perk - it's an easy spot to bring anyone as the American style menu has something for everyone including the vegetarian, the picky eater or that person with the adventurous palate. Every month they even have a special themed prix fixe menu to change things up for their regular customers. In favor of Louisiana's Mardi Gras celebration, this months special menu is right up any southern gumbo or shrimp creole lovers alley. I got the chicken under a brick...baby steps, ok?

Being a sister restaurant of Gaslight and Aquitaine, you can expect a lovely dining experience with fair priced meals and an excellent beer menu. I highly recommend you add it to your own restaurant list!

For other JUGs Approved Local Gem dining spots, check out our list here.

- Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment