Monday, November 25, 2013

The Week of November 25th


First and foremost, H A P  P Y   T H A N K S G I V I  N G, gals! We hope you all have a lovely short work week and plenty of time to relax in the company of family and friends. Travel safe!

Now to start of the week...

G I V E   T H A N K S
Unfortunately the holidays have gotten overshadowed by shopping deals (cough cough I totally admit to being guilty of this) but it is important to step back and remember all the small things in life that truly make you smile. I stumbled upon this site and it reminds of us exactly that, all the small random things that make us smile, like knock knock jokes. Thirty Days of Thankfulness is such an awesome site with a positive message and beautiful art. Please check it out. 

E A T  &  D R I N K
Giving thanks to your mom and helping out in the kitchen this Thanksgiving? Don't forget to check one of our favorite food blogs, Spoon Fork Bacon for excellent recipes like this Traditional Thanksgiving Spread.

This probably isn't something to share with Grammy, but did you hear 50 Shades of Gray has debuted it's own wine?

S H O P P I N G
I don't even know where to start in terms of sales, but I will not be venturing out to the physical stores on Friday unlike many.  I will however be watching the online sales in order to nab a few staples and gifts for family and friends. Whether you are shopping in person or online, remember to make lists of what you really need, what gifts you'd like to buy for family and friends, and beware of going over budget from sneaky sales. Most importantly, for the best deals do your research before heading out. Learn more Black Friday tips from the pros here.

And here's what NOT to buy on Black Friday and why.

Psst, not sure what to buy for your family and friends? Check out our Gift Guides here.

H E A L TH   &   F I T N E S S
Looking to start a New Year's fitness resolution early? Health Yoga Life in Beacon Hill will be having a Black Friday sale (now a yoga sale is one that I can get behind)! Sign up for their newsletter or follow them on facebook to make sure you don't miss out.

Looking to have your butt kicked into shape, really early in the morning, but for free? Don't forget about the November Project. Their motto: "Just show up." I've only been able to go on Wednesdays but I personally love it.

The Years Best & Worst Health News for Women from Glamour

7 Hair Mistakes You Are Probably Making, told by Refinery29...yikes!

A R T S   &   E N T E R T A I N M E N T
Did you catch the Girls season 3 trailer yet? Adam Driver hasn't...in fact he hasn't seen any of the episodes.

B L O G O S P H E R E
We love love love The Everygirl and are so happy they have now debuted their shop!

This farmhouse is really cool. One day...I'd like to have a farmhouse.

A R O U N D   T H E   B E A N
Woop! Boston is trying to ban smoking in public parks!

Last but not least 11 Reasons Boston is Better than New York

- Suzanne

photo

No comments:

Post a Comment