Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Daily Read: The Selby


On my last Monday Morning Coffee Break post I mentioned I love seeing how celebrities live, and it's true. It's not that I want to see them in midst of chaos Kardashian style, it's more that I want to see their true style, their real inner character and how it is reflected in their living spaces. 

Photographer Todd Selby has done an excellent job at capturing the true essence of some of today's top artists and designers (cough cough Kate Spade and Jonathan Adler) by successfully welcoming himself into their homes for his blog, The Selby. His list of "blog guests" also include some "lesser known" or "up and coming" names, many of whom you will be thankful to discover. His site has become so popular that it has evolved into a who's who of artists and allowed for him to publish two books, The Selby and The Edible Selby, both of which I own and love to flip through at a regular basis. 

Below are a few photos of Selby's intimate look into the homes of Kate Spade, Karen Walker, and Natalie Wood to give you a little taste of what you'll find on his site...







My favorite part about The Selby? The handwritten interview portion. Where do you think we got that idea for our Who's That Gal series? :)

- Suzanne
photos courtesy of The Selby






No comments:

Post a Comment