Thursday, September 12, 2013

Love it or Hate it: The Kimono

day >> night // summer >> fall
Our post on Monday had me thinking about the kimono top... it looks comfortable while hanging out, but is this a trend that is here to stay for everyday wear?  In searching for various types of kimonos, the result was more loungewear-like than what I was hoping to find.

I remembered that one of my favorite daily reads, Devon Rachel, has sported this before and completely sold the look, exhibiting a breezy, west coast ease.  I think a kimono could be the perfect summer-to-fall staple us New Englanders need, since layers are essential for any season!  Devon has the right idea in keeping the rest of her look neutral and sporting the kimono as her main statement piece:

{via}
{via}

The floral versions are more my style, rather than a literal influence making it appear more like a mistaken bathrobe.  What do you think, would you rock (or pass on*) the kimono top? 

- Meredith

*If you're not quite ready for the actual piece, try wrapping a scarf around you as a layer for the illusion of a kimono like Devon does so in an effortless-chic fashion!

No comments:

Post a Comment