Thursday, September 26, 2013

4 Fashion Bloggers to Follow


This Fall my mission is to love every outfit I wear. I want to dress to my best - using current closet items as well as doing some smart buying. That means I need to stretch my dollars far by buying only staples and trying new and previously unthinkable combos for my separates and accessories.

For real life outfit inspiration I love to look at my favorite style bloggers and see how they are creating flattering silhouettes with pairings that I otherwise would never have thought of. Who do I look to for these ideas? Here's who:

H A P P I L Y   G R E Y


How cute is Mary? My sister recently showed me Happily Grey and honestly I thought I was maxed out for style blogs. After checking out Mary's style I just had to add her to my feedly list. The best part about Mary's outfits is that most items are within a practical gal's budget with picks from Nordstrom, Forever 21, Zara, Top Shop and the works. Her outfits are always fresh - never just a re-working of another blogger's outfit (eh hm we all know we've seen those). And to top it off, her style is eclectic and bold - two of my favorite combos!

F A S H I O N   T O A S T


Rumi Neely has been blogging since the early days and her efforts have surely paid off as her blog Fashion Toast has grown to be one of the top rated. I myself have just come across Rumi, but who's counting blogger followship days? Though late to her game, Rumi has become something like that older girl that I adored in high school to me. There is so much I could say, I just don't know where to begin and where to end. She is badass. She has the coolest pictures, effortless outfits and super cool hair. I just want to be like her. I have to stop myself there but I encourage you to check out her blog if you haven't before.

C I T Y   T O N I C


It used to kill me that all style bloggers seemed to be from NYC or LA, so I am super excited to root for my Boston gal, Jessye of City Tonic. I love her Boston-chic wardrobe and especially admire how she dresses up jeans with killer heels, tops and a cute jacket to really take things day to night. I already have a few future outfits up my sleeve thanks to her!

L U E L L A  &  J U N E


Lastly is Bradley of Luella & June. I love so many things about Bradley including how adorable her site and graphics are, her personal style, and I love how she cites one of her main style icons is her mother. Personally I think she is closest to my everyday style, or what I aspire it to be, as it is so fresh and casual and often includes a really fun (and often bright) pop. Her home decor posts are also amazing and as expected her house tour on The Glitter Guide is also a must read for any of her admirers.

Who are you style muses? What do you look for in a style and fashion blogger?

- Suzanne

photo sources: happily grey  //  fashion toast  //  city tonic  // luella & june 

No comments:

Post a Comment