Thursday, July 25, 2013

The Kitchen House Inspiration: A Modern Take on Velvet






Think velvet is merely a dated style of the 18th century? I used to too but after reading The Kitchen House and about Lavinia's lavish 18th century velvet decor, velvet has been on my mind. Maybe it's because fall is right around the corner or maybe just because it's in the back of my head, but I have been seeing it everywhere! I guess I shouldn't be so surprised as the fabric really does fit in so easily in modern interiors. It's soft, luxurious yet can be downplayed, and rumor has it is very easy to clean. As a high style trend for fall 2013, velvet is bound to pop up in all places of style from fashion to interiors. Keep your eyes out for steals versus splurge items like the ones I've gathered above!

1  //  2  //  3  //  4  //  5  //  6  //  7  //  8  //  9  //  10  //  11


- Suzanne

1 comment:


  1. modern kitchens is more than simply a place to prepare meals; it is the essence of your home and an investment in your lifestyle. Whether you are looking to create a bold and punchy contrast or an understated look to coordinate with your surroundings, our team at Kitchen Essence ensure that the result reflects the character of the owner and the home.

    ReplyDelete