Tuesday, July 16, 2013

More Summer Vacation Ideas



For me most summer weekends are spent outside of Boston either in Cohasset or Nantucket, but recently I have been looking to mix up my usual summer routine. Last week I was more than excited to hear that Newport, RI is now offering ferry services to Block Island, a small island 13 miles off the coast of Rhode Island. Running three times a day - 9 am, 12:05pm, and 6:45pm, the fast ferry zooms you off the mainland in just 70 minutes, and for just $50.

Now I personally have never been to Block Island, but with this news my boyfriend and I have already starting planning a September weekend trip filled with beach time, lighthouse tours, sight seeing and more. Have you been to Block Island? Share your tips with us!

For more information on traveling to Block Island:

Block Island Ferry
Block Island Tourism
The New York Times Travel Reviews

1  //   2  //  3  //  4  //  5

- Suzanne

1 comment:

  1. YOU HAVE TO GO! I went to school in Newport so I have had my fair share of Block Island experiences! They have crazy nightlife in the summer and last time I was there I went banana boating and parasailing!

    ReplyDelete