Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The Gals Behind Just Us Gals: Part 2

As promised, we are continuing our co-author introductions!  You've already met Suzanne.  Next up...




Hi!  I’m Meredith!  As a girl who always had a plan, I’m loving life after going somewhat astray from the original path I set for myself.  I majored in psychology at Quinnipiac University and graduated in 2008.  After college, I took a year off for continuing education classes in working toward a degree in speech-language pathology.  A third of my way through the program I learned that although I loved aspects of being a clinician, I had a change of heart about the field.  I returned to the world of property management, for a locally-owned company I worked for during college recesses, and have since climbed the ranks.

Professionally, I am working toward learning more within the domain of real estate.  I manage and lease a luxury residential building close to the city, a job that allows me to meet the many types of people in and around Boston.  Since I obtained my sales license, I sold a condo last year and hope to do more of that in the near future!  I’m currently helping a friend “flip” properties, which is an amazing learning experience.  I will take any opportunity to snoop at a property... I love seeing the variety of homes out there and an insider's view to how Boston is continuously growing!

Outside of work, I have an admiration for home decor, love attending Sox games, shopping on Boston’s tree-lined streets and unwinding with a Jamo and ginger.  Travel is a true passion of mine, and I want to make sure I do more of that this year!

Words cannot express how thrilled I am to put my daily obsession with reading drool-worthy blogs from gals in other cities into (hopefully) the same thing for our readers!  Co-authoring with friends like Cameron and Suzanne makes this experience much more than the fun hobby I expected before we launched.  On Just Us Gals, you’ll find me posting about some of my interests such as fashion, interior design, music, organization and, of course, real estate.

Favorite spot in your neighborhood: Harborwalk (by day), Four Winds (by night)

Favorite thing about Boston: Its character.  This city is a true brotherhood.  From “townies” in various parts of the city to the city’s architecture (historic charm inside and out of buildings, and even our skyline), to our loyalty in every sense of the word, I love it all!

T or Taxi? Walking or T

Polka dots or stripes? Stripes

Coffee or Tea: Coffee

Running or Yoga: Yoga

Gold or silver: A mix! Mostly prefer gold, though.

(Other) Favorite city: London


No comments:

Post a Comment