Thursday, May 30, 2013

Milly + BR collaboration


Milly, what is known to be a pretty preppy brand in the fashion world, has teamed up with another prep staple, Banana Republic.  The Milly brand launched in 2001 and has a very beachy vibe that has introduced new pops of color into BR's summer 2013 collection.  I had always heard of Milly, but the brand honestly didn't catch my eye until they partnered with Sperry this year.  Similarly, Banana has been no stranger to collaborations (Trina Turk in 2011, Issa London coming August 2013), and the partnership allows for smaller brands, like Milly, to produce on a larger scale for the masses.

It is clear that Michelle and BR's Simon Kneen (Creative Director & Executive VP of Design) compliment each other.  You can read their Q&A here.

Here are my picks from the line: the colorblock dress, elephant short and wicker clutch
images via
Since I am currently on the hunt for some summer dresses, this colorblock one caught my eye.  Although this line is more affordable than Milly direct, the price point seems high for the dress and clutch.  I anticipate these pieces going quickly, so maybe I should make a move!? 

What are your thoughts on the Milly collection for Banana Republic?  Yay or nay?

- Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment